10.10.08

dirt























In a subtle blink
Flashes of misery
Pass through you,
As you see her cover it all up
With just as much as toilet paper
As you’d use when you didn’t
Use the pot.

Meager were her needs
But she wanted more
Of you, only thing she shouldn’t
Have wanted.

Plant a lily
It ceases to grow
Build a cement wall
And the rain water pushes its crevices
And seeps in through
Those vary, very little
Joints in the wall.
Like us.
But it gets collected
In the earthen urn
That was set, in a flourish
Of the smart housewives
Experience in living in that dingy hut,
But who cares, says she
You seemed to have enough place in
Your head for her.
Show it sometimes.

I can yodel in pain
Just to make it a fancy lament
If only you could hear it
Those few miles away,
Not in distance, mind you.
But in wrapped up layers
Inside the brain
That separate us, now.

And I try to write pain
In lengthy paragraphs
While you borrow letters
And decorate them in your head
Still wanting to form a sentence.

And I sleep in thrifty yawns
Curling up in fetal,
Fatal, before I bid my last good bye.

Last,
Because then,
I will start over again.
Trying to win you over.
Like a cherry dipped in chocolate
Till the last bite.
I will eat all of you.
Gorge all the dirt in you.

And set you free.
all your bad caged inside of me.

2 comments:

Poe said...

LOVE the pic.

Scribblers Inc said...

you are one of the very few poets on blogger(and there are precisely a gazillion) who have reinstated my trust in the ilk.Inspite of having studies guys like Robert Browning and Eliot, I was so on the verge of giving it up!

Scribblers Inc.