16.3.09

Tat

Those lemon drops
you swallow down your throat
once of all
where my tongue pierced
your soul.
The midst of your neck.

Then looking down to the ground
sniffing the distant autumn air
I see ants stack their grains
for winter.
The winter in your heart.
Let me take winter away.
Slowly
As I frequent your dreams
and show you
mine, from last summer.

The summer.
A bloom of a flower.
The blossom of my petals
shrouded
in peels of laughter and
those dainty quick coughs
to follow by a whiff of promises
you gave me, then.

Promises.
They bloomed like those periwinkle flowers
those that perched on the most curved branch.
Like the arch of your brow
as you twitch in facial pleasure
as I run a wet toe across your thigh.

Wet.
Like those, then, sleepless monsoon nights
spent in vapors of eucalyptus
trying to wash away in its aroma
and of rain soaked mud, the wet moistness
of my cheek.Writhing.
Which you in winter took away.
As of a fur cocoon
Of the imagination of a slightly opened mouth
That's how you make me wet.

And how could the nectar of honey in summer be sweeter
when all the honey I tasted was in winter.

And to all those porcelain sheets to be washed at home.
That were taken out to fulfill the Portia in me.
I crinkle my nose as I dust the wine glasses.
Each sparlking to be lipped.
Cupped.
wine, in the goblet.
now I rack them back onto the shelf.
Below which the fishes in the fish tank
spectated
some mischief in the air.
As you stepped in and out.
Of the kitchen.

The kitchen of our home.

To those verses that never reached paper.
They were fulfilled, before a plea, was written.

And star fish squiggle
and the want to butter their pores.
drown into the sea shore
as I wait to kill the sun.

5 comments:

Che said...

your imagination drives me nuts.
and thats a compliment :P

WV: remonsi

Running in circles. said...

You should read Anthony Beal.
He'd drive you nut and fruits and leaves even.

Thank you.

WV:shazam :O

Preeti said...

This is poetry at its extreeemest superlative ...
and i wonder where where you let your imagination rove itself into...those realms and spaces are so outlandish that i at times am speechless as to the limitlessness of it...
it is indeed a very rare gift to let oneself go.. to such an extent and be able to command the mind to experience all these experiences.

BEAUTIFUL...EXTREMELY...

Dark, lush, damp, musky....phew!!!

dont ever give in to anyone or anything and alter yourself...understand? remain unchanged till eternity and beyond..!!!

Running in circles. said...

Preeti
Its almost a pleasant feeling to see you.
Not only are you encouraging but also a wonderful audience to write for.
Thank you.
Its is appreciated, mighty.

Preeti said...

:-)

Gracias...