15.9.10

decadence

I have dawned the veil of night
and sunsets are bitter memories

love is a frost bite
that will kill me slowly
but surely.

you can ride the tide,little darling
as I drown beneath

you can woo the moon
as I burn like the sun..

Because I heard you whisper in my sleep. my breast against your heartbeat. a knife of vanity I held above my head, at your word I was ready to be dead.

And then like rainbows in the sky and oil on water just much as bright
I cooked you broth and made your bed
washed your clothes and stayed in your head
and when my pelvis was an open drain I only wanted you, to tame
alas you were busy and my heart was maim
I felt beauty only when I saw me through thy eie
I tried my best but you let me die.

Goodbye my lover
I have sworn
I shall have a funeral
oh so alone.

I shall buck in my sleep
under the sheets
and pretend you were watching me.
just like you did when over me


Fuck you love.
I wanted to.
If only you had wanted to,too

I always wanted to drink you silly and dance your lap
like galaxies and constellations
spread out
undone clasp

I was a child
apple of your eie

When only I wanted to be the woman
the woman on your thigh

_____________________________________________________________________
Children show scars like medals. Lovers use them as secrets to reveal. A scar is what happens when the word is made flesh.
- Loenard Cohen

No comments: